We need to talk about a reality that has already started
I’m not a Diná mother, but I’m here to talk about the future. That’s right. In the past week, we have been studying a lot about the trends that we will encounter when this reality of distance and isolation ends. “Normality” is going to be very different. We already covered some of these trends in the past post. (Run here to read) .
How can the ability to network and strengthen your community be a decisive factor in adapting to the new reality? After all, we need to get ahead in order to succeed and not miss an important wave.
And, moreover, they are here to stay. Changes in consumption habits, reconfiguration of workspace, reconfiguration of retail, substantial changes in logistics and education. Thus, the situation still passes – and this impacts absolutely across the chain – by the format and working relationships.
In this way, I want to express this capacity for networking and how it can help you prepare to continue producing and growing regardless of what will happen economically.
It is when you become aware of what your interests are, your values, what you want, where you want to go and, mainly, how and with whom you want to reach. As soon as we identify this, we begin to realize who the people who think like us are, act in a similar way and can complement with what we have of capacities and skills already developed.
1) Two heads are better than one. So, if you are already part of a network, however small it may be, but if you have a trusting relationship to share everything transparently, you will certainly have feedbacks and ideas that will corroborate what has already been implemented.
2) It is possible to share for best practices. So you don’t have to go through trial and error anymore. That is, we are able to learn from the experience of others. This reduces time and, of course, risks. At that moment, it is crucial and decisive factor for a success or not. But to do that, we also need to understand what our work environment is and how it works.
Oh, and these tips are valid not only for those who are undertaking, but also for people who collaborate within any public or private company.
Cold network – comes from an organization chart. Built through positions and hierarchies. It is a relationship that exists and has been “imposed”.
Hot chain – this is formed in the cafezinho, happy hour, at lunch, in the relaxation sessions in the middle of the day. It comes through people’s initiative and they identify their common goals among themselves. Usually, this is where the most innovative and creative ideas come from, with simple and replicable bases.
Simple communication is also essential. When we think about the success or failure of a project or sale, this issue is linked to the flow of processes. And this is closely connected to the information flow.
The great thing is that these nodes are not fixed. You can be inside a micro community as a peripheral node and inside another as a central node, for example. As entrepreneurs, employees or entrepreneurs, we need to understand these nodes and our roles within it. And that goes beyond any performance indicator, for example (hello, HR).
This is changing, but it has not yet come true because it is a difficult thing to do. We need to assess which collective is defined by individuals. But the individual is not defined by the collective. It is important to look at people.
It’s not new, but it will get faster and faster from now on. But some companies are already prepared for that business of having a greater purpose in the company.
But let’s send the real one here:
– What is the point of having a whole discourse of greater purpose, if these same companies are not able to deploy this for all their relationships?
– What is the use of talking about being aware, but at the same time, being a company that instituted a purchasing area that makes payments in 120,180, 220 days? This type of negotiation breaks the small and medium supplier.
– What is the use of making alcohol gel during the pandemic, if women are used as objects for sale by conviction?
– What is the use of saying that it welcomes employees and has little diversity?
These are things that when we start to articulate, we better understand what this conscious capitalism is and are already able to fit into this scenario. So, participating in a network benefits you. After all, you gain speed, the possibility of better practices, reduce your risks and, consequently, costs.
Bonus: if you think the future is remote; believes in diversity of opinions; thoughts; bet on a network that gives you security to be able to exchange sensitive data; and think about the hot relationship model; I make you an invitation. Come to the 55Lab Club . Just enter the site, register and fill out a quick form to find out if we are in the same vibe.
But there are few vacancies, huh !?
Also, be sure to follow our posts!
Juliana Guimarães is a paulistana at heart and a brasiliense with a card, she actively participated in the process of accelerating the entrepreneurial movement in our square. Specialist in transforming ideas into viable businesses, she is co-founder of 55Lab.co , which was born as 4Legal, the first coworking in Brasilia, responsible for attracting the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region.
In addition, contributes to the article: Suênia Dantas .